On the list of initiators there were:
- Mr. Adrian Wiener – Senator
- Mrs. Corina Crețu – the delegated minister for European Affairs
- Mrs. Ana Birchall
- The Ambassador of the Kingdom of Spain to Romania and Rep. Moldova HE Ramiro Fernandez-Bachiller
- The Ambassador of the Tunisian Republic to Romania HE Boutheina Labidi
- Mrs. prof. univ. Dr. Mihaela Miroiu
- and many others
The event consisted of four workshops with working sessions on topical issues in the field of gender equality, such as:
- combating violence
- women’s participation in decision making
- the economic empowerment of women
- the role of education in the perspective of achieving equal opportunities
The workshops were attended by representatives of the institutions of the local and central administrations with responsibilities in the field, representatives of civil society and of the academic environment.
At the end of the event, based on the conclusions of the conference and working sessions, a short and medium term action commitment on gender equality in Romania was adopted.
You can view the press release by clicking here.